32 Pearls Dental Clinic Blog
Written By : Dr. Rahul Mathur | 18-Dec-2015
Deep cleanings are normally recommended by your dentist if you are showing signs of gum disease in a comprehensive periodontal evaluation. Comprehensive periodontal evaluations should be done at least once a year, as they test individuals for major dental issues including, but not limited to, periodontal disease.
Once a test is administered and your dentist decides that you need a dental cleaning, your dental hygienist or dentist removes plaque and tartar from your teeth above and below the gum line. Deep cleaning involves the same removal of tartar and plaque at and below the gum line as well as careful cleaning of the roots’ surfaces known as root planing.
If your dentist thinks good oral care at home isn’t enough to manage your mild gingivitis, he or she might also recommend a deep cleaning. It is almost always the first line of treatment for the more advanced forms of gum disease. Deep cleanings ultimately help patients avoid more drastic treatments for gum disease, which if left untreated could possibly lead to tooth loss.
Make an appointment today for an oral exam with Advanced Dental Center to determine if you are in need of a deep cleaning. Call 9235410558or. Visit our website at www.32pearlsdentalclinic.org.
Written By : Dr. Rahul Mathur | 12-Dec-2015
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, certain foods naturally cleanse, brighten, and defend against bacteria that can harm your teeth and gums.
The following 10 foods were recommended by the academy for a healthy, brighter smile.
• Pineapples can help whiten teeth. Pineapples contain an enzyme called bromelain, which acts as a natural stain remover. Bromelain also helps break up plaque.
• Ginger can protect against periodontal disease, an inflammatory process that causes the loss of bone and supportive connective tissue in your mouth.
• Carrots contain vitamin A, which is needed for healthy tooth enamel. Eating them raw stimulates saliva, your mouth’s natural cleanser.
• Basil is a natural antibiotic that reduces bacteria in the mouth.
• Cheese is rich in protein, calcium, and phosphorus, all of which help reduce acid in your mouth.
• Sesame seeds help “scrub” away the plaque on your teeth. Chewing nuts can also provide this coarse scrubbing action. Sesame seeds also contain bone and teeth-strengthening calcium.
• Shiitake mushrooms contain a compound called lentinan, which inhibits bacteria from growing in your mouth.
• Onions contain the sulfur compounds, thiosulfinates and thiosulfonates, which reduce bacteria that cause tooth decay. Eating them raw is a must as cooking will destroy these tooth-friendly compounds.
• Salmon not only provides calcium but also vitamin D, another nutrient needed for healthy bones and teeth.
• Broccoli contains iron, which helps form an acid-resistant film or barrier that can protect the enamel of your teeth.
Written By : Dr. Rahul Mathur | 09-Nov-2015
In today’s day and age, the importance of general appearances have become more and more prominent. With that, one way to vastly improve anyone’s appearance is to simply have their teeth whitened. As you know, over the years, your teeth become more and more run down from everyday occurrences. Some reasons your teeth may be yellowing include:
• The natural aging process
• Using tobacco (smoked or chewed), drinking coffee, tea,
• Colas or red wine, and eating pigmented foods such as cherries and blueberries
• Accumulation of plaque and tartar deposits
• Ingesting too much fluoride (more than 2 parts fluoride per million parts water) when teeth are forming, which gives teeth a “mottled” look
• Treatment with the antibiotic tetracycline during childhood
• Trauma to the teeth that may cause a brown, gray or black color
Whatever the case, everyone’s teeth yellows eventually. If you’re looking to enhance your overall appearance, here are some reasons why teeth whitening will help:
• The boost to your confidence and self-esteem that comes from a great smile
• A younger appearance
• A special event such as a wedding, job interview or class reunion
• To make a positive first impression on others
• To simply reverse years of everyday staining and yellowing
If your teeth are stained or yellowing call Advanced Dental Center today for an appointment to have your teeth whitened. Achieve a youthful appearance and a stunning smile. Call 9235410558or visit our website at www.32pearlsdentalclinic.org.
Written By : Dr. Rahul Mathur | 20-Jul-2015
Having a flawless, natural-looking smile changes the way people think about themselves. It gives them a boost of confidence, they smile more, feel more outgoing, and more new opportunities start to come their way. We take enough time to ensure that each of our patients is given a thorough examination and detailed explanation of your dental needs. We offer dental care that is customized to meet your personal priorities and choices. We look forward to having you as member of our practice.
Written By : Dr. Rahul Mathur | 16-Jun-2015
ral health has a major role in the overall health and well being of children. Kids with little or no dental care are susceptible to oral diseases such as cavities causing unnecessary pain, infection, and malnutrition. Many parents have a tough time judging how much oral care their children need. They know they want to prevent cavities, but they dont always know the best way to do so. So we are here to provide you better oral care guidance and to understand your kids dental needs.